[Matroska-general] [Fwd: OT: Difference between Ogg and NUT?]

ChristianHJW christian at matroska.org
Sun Nov 12 16:42:15 CET 2006

Interesting statement from the mouth of a very good developer, and BTW
the creator of the only 'official' DShow filter sets for all Xiph products.
Sorry to hear NUT is stalled ...

Christian

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	OT: Difference between Ogg and NUT?
Datum: 	Thu, 26 Oct 2006 02:00:14 -0700
Von: 	Charles Iliya Krempeaux <supercanadian at gmail.com>
Newsgroups: 	gmane.comp.multimedia.ogg.theora.general

Hello,

(Sorry, this is a bit off-topic.)

I was reading some stuff and came across the NUT container data format.
(The NUT website is down... so I could not read up on it.  But perhaps
someone here knows about it.)

Like Ogg and Matroska, NUT also seem to be a Free multimedia container
data format.

But how does it compare to Ogg (and even Matroska)?  Why was it created
when Ogg (and Matroska) already exist?  (Does NUT have different design
goals?)

Here's the links for it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NUT_Container
http://www.nut.hu/  (was down though)