[Matroska-general] CCCP

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Mon Jul 17 18:31:08 CEST 2006

Christian HJ Wiesner wrote:
> Steve Lhomme schrieb:
>
>> Hi,
>> I modified our packs page to point user to the CCCP pack which is more
>> up to date and have much less issues than our pack. Our pack won't be
>> maintained anymore.
>> http://packs.matroska.org/
>> http://www.cccp-project.net/
>> Steve
>>
> Are you aware, that the CCCP pack will only allow playback for the most
> used codecs in MKV anime, meaning
> Vorbis
> MPEG4 (XviD, DivX)
> AAC
> h.264
>
> Last time i checked, there was not even an AC3 decoder coming with it,
> as this is never done for anime (no AC3 source audio available).

Well it does have AC3 as you can see here:
http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=FAQ#What_exactly_can_the_CCCP_play.3F

But apparently it cannot decode RealVideo :(
I wonder if they could fix that, given it only takes to add
RealMediaSplitter.ax from Gabest...

> Leave alone do they have support for
> - Wavpack
> - FLAC

It does FLAC.

> - matroska muxing

Haali's splitter now has a muxer too.

So we're only missing RealVideo (the same way as we do) and WavPack.

Steve