[Matroska-general] CCCP

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sat Jul 15 12:21:06 CEST 2006

Steve Lhomme schrieb:

> Hi,
> I modified our packs page to point user to the CCCP pack which is more
> up to date and have much less issues than our pack. Our pack won't be
> maintained anymore.
> http://packs.matroska.org/
> http://www.cccp-project.net/
> Steve

Are you aware, that the CCCP pack will only allow playback for the most
used codecs in MKV anime, meaning
Vorbis
MPEG4 (XviD, DivX)
AAC
h.264

Last time i checked, there was not even an AC3 decoder coming with it,
as this is never done for anime (no AC3 source audio available).

Leave alone do they have support for
- Wavpack
- FLAC
- matroska muxing
etc.

Don't misunderstand, me, i love the CCCP pack. But i believe its wrong
to tell people it could replace the matroska full pack ? For this
reason, i was talking to the CCCP makers long time ago about a special
version for matroska, offering more codecs, and they were interested.
Unfortunately, this never happened.

Regards