[Matroska-general] [Fwd: License question]

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Wed Jan 25 00:02:23 CET 2006

Interesting ....

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	License question
Datum: 	Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:20:01 +0100
Von: 	Alfredo Moreira <alfredo.moreira at neolinks.com>
An: 	chris at matroska.org

Hello chris,

we are small french company (only 3 employes), and we would like to use
the matroska container
for saving video and audio conference on Hard-Drives.
The matroska site is not very clear about whitch License applies to
mastroska libs or pack..
Are the Mastroska libs under GPL/QPL or LGPL?
Is the directshow Haali Media Splitter under the same license?
We could not find any explicit answer when installing the Light and Full
pack (both of them don't ask you for any license agreement, may be
someone forgot to put one), and the French and English site don't say
the same thing. The French site args that it's under GPL/QPL and the
English one say that it's LGPL.
We would like to know whitch one we have to put when distributing Haali
Media Splitter and Matroska
Libraries.

hope you could give us an answer, and sorry for my poor english.

Alfredo