[Matroska-general] New distribution concept

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sat Feb 11 19:14:30 CET 2006

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=16228

"With the launch of Blu-ray, we're going to try to introduce the
managed-copy concept, where if you buy Blu-ray you'll be able to get
additional versions (of the same title) to use in your home," Feingold
said. "Ultimately, we might even get to the point where we'll offer
consumers the ability to have different versions of the same movie on
different devices in the home -- that's something we're working on."

Starting March 28, consumers can buy DVD-UMD combo packs of "The
Grudge," "Resident Evil," "Underworld," "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"
and MGM's "The Terminator" for just pennies more than Sony typically
charges for a new DVD.