[Matroska-general] Matroska Dvd Conversion

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sun Apr 30 14:27:26 CEST 2006

Charles Yang wrote:
> A two part question.
>
> As stated by the DVD conversion guide on the matroska site, the Matroska
> file should be able to be played on Windown Media Player Classic.
> However each each time I attempt to open the file with  Windows media
> player classic it freezes on me yet it works fine with the newest
> version of Windows media player as well as on ZoomPlayer. Is this a
> problem when it comes to MKV to DVD conversion?

No it shouldn't. BTW it's a good idea to test with Microsoft's Windows
Media as DVD Santa will use the same filters.

> Also when converting some MKV file before the actual conversion starts a
> box pops up saying
> "The file contains embedded truetype fonts. Do you want to load these
> fonts?" Should I select yes or no? And does this have any effect if I
> wish to extract the subtitles from the file?

No, it's just if you want to display text subtitles with the provided
font. I don't think DVD Santa can support text subtitles, so there's no
point, yes and no will produce the same result.

Steve