[Matroska-general] Re: Matroska news

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Thu Apr 13 14:41:16 CEST 2006

Hi Vlada,

yes, there is a lot going on behind the scenes for the time being, but
unfortunately most of this is secret stuff and cant be put on a public
webpage. Still, i agree our website urgently needed updating, but we're
all just human beings and working on our maximum limits.

About Fb2k, we can not do the work of the devs for them. matroska has
gained some popularity meanwhile, and we will always make sure to have
at least one working playback possibility for the stuff we are doing.
With the Fb2k project we have been very kind and supportive during the
last years, it was always us updating the MKA plugin for them.

As we are getting more and more involved with much more important stuff
than a single audio player, it is now the job of the player developers
to bring their player up-to-date. We don't have the time nor the
motivation to do so any longer.

Regards

Christian
matroska project admin