[Matroska-general] Horrible

Laura Hrycyk pyropaws at cyberdogtech.com
Fri Sep 9 01:30:24 CEST 2005

I thought the idea of the .mkv file type was fabulous. I've seen a lot of people using it, and one of the anime series that I watch has now switched over to using only .mkv files. Unfortunately that is a bad thing, as I have tried to install a matroska player on several occasions, and have had no luck whatsoever in playing the file. I downloaded

MediaPlayer Classic 6.4.8.2 2004-07-19

On your downloads page. That refused to play the file because it needed a codec that it says does not exist, and when I tried to close it, it refuses to do so, and is currently sitting there doing nothing. I installed

Matroska Pack Full v1.1.1 (2005-05-23)

But Windows Media player still won't play it. I tried the Core Media player, that won't play it. I am a CS major, so it's not like I'm incompetent with computers. I just want to watch my anime. What is going on?

~Laura