[Matroska-general] testing plan of a matroska demux

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Fri Oct 14 12:27:34 CEST 2005

Hey,

On Wednesday 12 October 2005 14:39, mimine wrote:

> I need a document about all functionalities and errors that have to
> tested an almost combinaisons between A/V formats that matroska
> admit...

Hmm, there is no such document. We have specs about the file structure
and about how different content ( = differend audio / video / subtitle
codecs) are stored inside Matroska. Those are available at
http://www.matroska.org/technical/specs/index.html for the format
itself, and http://www.matroska.org/technical/specs/codecid/index.html
describes how the different codecs are handled.

> And also if possible a mean to generate my test files

There are at least two applications that can read various input formats
(like AVI, MP3, MP4, RealMedia etc) and produce Matroska files with
quite a lot of features: AVIMux GUI (please use Google, it's easy to
find) which is only available for Windows and my own MKVToolNix package
( http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/ ) which is available for
both Windows, Linux and many other systems.

Mosu