[Matroska-general] Multi file editing through a Markup file?

Dave Wolowicz wolowicz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 01:02:05 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the media container world, so please excuse my
newb-ness. I'm wondering if the matroska container supports the
playback of files based on a descriptor file. I'll give you an idea of
what I'm looking for.

A container that carries multiple video, audio, and meta data files.
The container would play back the content based on, lets say, some
sort of markup language. The idea is that you would be able to edit
the playback of the container through adjustments to the markup file.

I'm very interested in this concept and I'm looking around to see if
it has been done before. I know most media formats contain media that
is already edited, however, a non-edited format would allow for easy
colaboration and the concept of open source editing.

Let me know what you think of this, and if you know of any existing
formats like this.

Cheers

--
D. Wolowicz