[Matroska-general] file extension of Japanese and content negotiation

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Wed Mar 30 20:16:12 CEST 2005

Yudai Ishikawa a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> I have a question about the file extensions of matroska.org.
> I think that the extension of "Japanese" is not ".jp" but ".ja".
> ("jp" is COUNTRY code, not language)
> May I change the file names that have .jp extension in SVN?

Damn, you're right ! Shame on me.
You can do the change in SVN. Note that SVN is better than CVS for this.
You don't need to delete and add the file again. You just need to
"rename" it.

> One more question. This is also about languages of the pages.
> I think we should use "content negotiation" which checks
> "Accept" header fields (like: en-us, en, ja) of the HTTP requests and
> replies the pages in optimum language (according to file extension)
> automatically.

This is done automatically by Apache. It works for other languages. It's
just that for japanese the extension was wrpong so far.

> All we have to do is to add a line "Option +Multiviews" to .htaccess.
> What do you think?

It's already handled in httpd.conf, don't worry :)

> Yudai

Thanks for the help !