[Matroska-general] ChristianHJW fighting with XHTML, was : [www] r959 - trunk/www.matroska.org/data/news]

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sat Jun 18 20:26:58 CEST 2005

Steve Lhomme schrieb:

> Christian HJ Wiesner a écrit :
>
>> Other than loading the complete site into it, i could only write the
>> text i want to add to the page, and copy and paste the XHTML code of
>> it into the code of the existing page. It seemed this worked somehow
>> better, at least for a new page i have made as a test ( German
>> Version of the news, for entries 2005 ) :
>> http://www.matroska.org/news/index.html.de
>

> Well, if you're not too scared, you may edit the pages in
> BeyondCompare (or any comparison software). This way you'll see what
> should be edited and what should not. OK, maybe adding content might
> be tricky if you don't know XHTML. But before commiting you could at
> least check that the changes/additions you made are OK this way (and
> even fix them).

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.matroska.org%2Fnews%2Findex.html.de&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=XHTML+1.1&ss=1&outline=1&sp=1&No200=1&verbose=1

'The document located at <http://www.matroska.org/news/index.html.de>
was tentatively found to be Valid. That means it would validate as XHTML
1.1 if you updated the source document to match the options used
(typically this message indicates that you used either the Document Type
override or the Character Encoding override).'

I dont understand how 'Beyond Compare' could help me here, but it seems
the site i created somehow is ok for w3c. Can i enable it now ( it's NOT
visible for German users still, i checked that ) ?