[Matroska-general] s there a tool that allows to add/remove attachements to a mkv file ?

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Thu Jun 2 19:10:10 CEST 2005

Hey,

On Monday 30 May 2005 19:51, Rémy PRADIER wrote:

> I tried to searchvia google and did not find anything on this. I tried
> to use mkv verge but it won't enable attachements removal.

But that's the right tool for the job :) Depending on whether or not
you use the mkvmerge GUI (mmg) there are two ways:

1. The command line way

mkvmerge -o no-attachments.mkv --no-attachments original-file.mkv

This will copy original-file.mkv to no-attachments.mkv and remove all
attachments in the process. It's important that you put the
"--no-attachments" option before the source file name because such
options always apply to the _following_ input file.

2. The GUI way

Start mmg, add the orignal file. Select the file in the upper list
box. Now you can enable the "no attachments" checkbox directly beneath
the first list box.

Mosu