[Matroska-general] Matroska in 2005

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sat Jan 1 17:43:09 CET 2005

Hi,

2005 should be an important year for our little baby Matroska. So far we
have many small groups of people that like the format and use it
where/when they can. The key features for the moment are the wide &
"clean" subtitle support, as well as all possible codecs.

But in the coming days/weeks the format should be finalised with all the
features we dreamt of having when we created Matroska. That's a huge
step, since that means we can rely on things that won't change in the
near future. Maybe a bigger and cleaner documentation on the format
would help.

So what should happen after that ? Matroska alone is not worth anything.
What people want (including ourselves) are some tools to use. That means
a good video editor that could support all our features. And also be
able to play them in their preferred audio/video player on their
preferred OS. And those two are huge tasks, even bigger than creating
Matroska and the few tools we have now.

I hope to count on you all to make these things become true and give
Matroska the place it deserves (you'll judge for yourself).

Back to work...
;)