[Matroska-general] New version of matroskasplitter from Gabest

Liisachan Liisachan at faireal.net
Fri Feb 11 12:02:12 CET 2005

Steve Lhomme <steve.lhomme at free.fr> wrote:

> > I think I know how you devs (might) feel, but I do really hope
> > that there won't be any more container wars.
>
> Heh. The war has been on from the beggining ;) Nothing new, just one
> more item in the battle field.

Constructive competition should be rather encouraged;
What I meant was something not constructive,
such as--hypothetically speaking--banning someone just because
he or she says the word "overhead."

> I personally prefer to rely on more than one person to support
> something. That's why I'm more and more convinced that VLC is the way to
> go for us. They have a huge potential and lots of coders. If someone
> leaves, the whole thing is not dead or need to be restarted from
> scratch... They seem to have problems with their success (too many
> requests, not enough management), but it will probably evolve positively.

Yes. They say, "Don't put all eggs in one basket."
I could also say "Don't put egg and ogg and nut and mkv in one
forum in a wrong way."

But still, Gabest is a god-like person to me anyway.

Liisachan