[Matroska-general] New version of matroskasplitter from Gabest

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Feb 11 09:42:16 CET 2005

Moritz Bunkus a écrit :
> Hey,
>

>>As for "changelog," probably
>>+ Dirac support added (V_DIRAC)
>

> That's very interesting because we ( = the official Matroska team) has
> not done anything with Dirac, especially not specified how to store it
> in Matroska. Although I don't have any idea if Dirac might require
> special treatment or if it's just a matter of defining the CodecID
> (V_DIRAC seems fine to me) I don't like it that others simply put stuff
> into Matroska with an "official" CodecID without talking to us.

Yes, especially the part about "without talking to us". I don't think we
are monsters and we use to have a very constructive collaboration with
Gabest. I don't know what happened.

I heard there is new TTA support too. But when I read that there is
Dirac support, it seemed weird to me... Nothing to worry for the moment
as I don't think many ppl will use it anyway. But I think we need to
keep an eye on what Gabest do and change in Matroska...