[Matroska-general] Smaller filesize

Andrew T. theverylastsamurai at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 08:47:06 CET 2005

Hi,
Whenever I make an .mkv (whether with virtualdubmod or mkvmerge) the
filesize is always smaller than the original .avi.  This doesn't make sense,
why is the filesize smaller???  Also, I created an .mkv recently and noticed
that it created some decoding problems in the video (like when a ghost of an
image gets stuck on for a little bit, I don't know the technical term).  Can
you please explain this.  Maybe I have a setting wrong or something, but
it's very annoying to see my video's get ruined.

-Andrew