[Matroska-general] [Fwd: Re: Resend : DirectX sinks for Windows status]

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Thu Aug 18 20:11:32 CEST 2005

FYI .... they plan to hire a guy working on the Gst-w32 full time .....

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	Re: Resend : DirectX sinks for Windows status
Datum: 	Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:43:41 +0200
Von: 	Michal Benes <michal.benes at xeris.cz>
Firma: 	Xeris s.r.o.
An: 	chris at matroska.org
Referenzen: 	<1122042729.9226.20.camel at localhost.localdomain>
<42E1E307.2010606 at matroska.org>
<1122103549.8062.12.camel at localhost.localdomain>
<42E400D8.1090302 at matroska.org> <42E471AB.9030603 at xeris.cz>
<98513bea05072511374450dccd at mail.gmail.com>
<471111453.3032.1122369937 at wiesneronline.net>
<42ECA008.3040604 at matroska.org>
<1122996771.8639.29.camel at localhost.localdomain>
<42F45379.50000 at matroska.org>

Hi Christian,

	I have just returned from my holiday (two weeks in Norway - Great :-).
I have never seen error message like that, but it seems that you (or may
be me) forgot to add ddrawsink at the end of the command line.
The command should be
-- begin
gst-launch-0.8.exe --gst-debug-level=2 videotestsrc ! ffmpegcolorspace !
ddrawsink
-- end
It was probably a problem with the line wrapping in the e-mail client.
It should work this way.

	I have also some good news. Our company has decided to hire a
(part-time) employee to work exclusively on the windows port of
GStreamer player. He should come the next week. I hope this will help
since he should be (unlike me) experienced in Windows programming.

	Gruesse

		Michal