[Matroska-general] Interresting license issue

Jory Stone jcsston at jory.info
Tue Sep 28 10:14:17 CEST 2004

 "I would counsel [developers] to stop assigning the copyrights of their
modifications to Sun and keep them under their own names, licensed under the
General Public License and in the open version only."
Keeping the code GPL doesn't make any possible patents or lawsuits go away.
I'm not surprised OpenOffice wasn't covered in the Sun/Microsoft agreement.
Office is a rather large product of Microsoft's, compared to the MS Java VM.