[Matroska-general] Re: FAQ for coders of firmware for DiVX standalone's

René Koch renekoch at e-divx.at
Mon Sep 20 16:57:21 CEST 2004

Hey!

Mike Matsnev schrieb:

> The players that support mpeg4 in avi already will have no trouble
> with similar
> matroska files. Typical players available here support all mpeg4 features
> (some can't do GMC), can play MP3/AC3 sound in avi, and some can play
> external SRT subs.
>
> Also, I added integer-only support to my parser library, so it can be
> used
> in standalone devices. Maybe it's time to approach device manufacturers
> again?

I also think that a simple hardware profile with DivX, XviD and MPEG2 as
video codecs, MP2, MP3, AC3 and DTS as audio codecs and SRT for
subtitles would be a good start for Matroska on standalones.
In my opinion ist's better to support just a few codecs for standalones
then no support of matroska on standalones...

cu, scrat