[Matroska-general] Re: AVI convertion please

Arioch /BDV/ the_Arioch at nm.ru
Mon Oct 25 14:46:59 CEST 2004

The stars so gaily glistened... (Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:30:57 +0200 @354)
...while the fading voice of Moritz whispered through the darkness:

I'd add a few words after Moritz for TNR.

 MB> Matroska is a _container_, not a _codec_.

TNR, which is supposed to be Your nickname, since no other one You gave us.
What is harder, to read or to write ?
Instead of writing all this screams, You could just read http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.multimedia.matroska.general/1029
It is just 3 message before yours and it is just about some most strange
points of Your speech.

TRN>it has turned me away from the idea

What an idea? What do You call the idea ? What are You talking about?
I'm lost.

TRN>because I have a filetype with no way of playing
What is filetype ? Is it filename extension, which always seemed to me
rather stupid idea comparing to file type attribute in IBM Os/2 or Macintosh
?  But the AVI extension refers to microsoft, not to matroska team.
If You cannot play AVI file, which is not AVI, maybe You'd better send your
critics of AVI to askBill at microsoft.com ?

 MB> (You know, getting onto a mailing list and starting a rant is certainly
 MB> not the way to get help. Treat others how you want to be treated.)

Guess, he is mistaken anarchy of bypassers, which is here, with a pre-paid
PR office.
I'm pretty sure, he would never talk in such way to anyone he see on the
streets :-(
TNR, this manual is long to read, but it's worth the time: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

--
ICQ - xmpp://arioch@jabber.ru  xmpp://93438391@icq.jabber.ru