[Matroska-general] mkvtoolnix 0.9.7 is out

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Oct 25 10:39:14 CEST 2004

Here we go :)

Still not at 1.0, but we're closing in. The latest release (created
yesterday) is 0.9.7 and features a couple of bug fixes, some fairly
major. Don't worry, the files created with 0.9.6 are fine, but there we
some bugs that wouldn't allow you to create one in the first place ;)
Anyway, read the ChangeLog below for details.

One thing I've changed is the code for external timecodes. The problem
has been for quite some time that mkvmerge wrote files that weren't 100%
spec compliant. Therefore I'd like to get some feedback if the handling
for external timecode files is still OK (I don't have any variable FPS
files, so I can't test extensively).

The usual links to...
...the homepage:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/
...the source code:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/sources/mkvtoolnix-0.9.7.tar.bz2
...the Windows binaries:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/mkvtoolnix-0.9.7.rar

Binaries for other Linux distros are available from the home page, too.

Last the ChangeLog since 0.9.6:
2004-10-24  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* Released v0.9.7.

	* mkvmerge: bug fix: The handling of external timecode files was
	still not correct but should be OK now.

2004-10-17  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mmg: Added an error message if the user selects 'mmg' as the
	'mkvmerge executable' because that would lead to an infinite
	number of 'mmg's being spawned.

2004-10-16  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mkvmerge: bug fix: If LFE is on for DTS then the number of
	channels is one more than what the DTS frame header says.

	* mkvmerge: bug fix: Timecodes for Vorbis were wrong on rare
	occasions (when reading laced Vorbis from a Matroska file and
	changing the lacing, e.g. when splitting for the second and all
	following files).

2004-10-10  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mkvmerge/mkvinfo/mkvextract: bug fix: The chapter and tag
	element tables were not always intialized correctly depending on
	the compiler and the optimization flags used.

	* mkvmerge: bug fix: The OGM reader was broken if at least one
	track was not to be copied from the file (happened between 0.9.5
	and 0.9.6).

	* mmg: bug fix: After loading saved mmg settings the track input
	box listed the tracks always coming from the last input file and
	not from the one they really came from.

2004-10-09  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mmg: enhancement: Made mmg's main window properly resizable.

	* mkvmerge: Rewrote the code for the external timecode files. This
	also fixes bug 99: The durations for the individual tracks were
	not correct for those tracks for which --timecodes was used.

2004-10-08  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>

	* mmg: bug fix: Crash when saving chapters from the chapter
	editor. Same as the mkvinfo issue below but on all OS.

	* mkvinfo: bug fix: The chapter and tag element tables were not
	initialized on Windows resulting in a crash when one of those
	elements was encountered.

Have fun :)

Mosu