[Matroska-general] Re: How read au MKV file
the_Arioch at nm.ru
Tue Oct 19 11:09:03 CEST 2004
The stars so gaily glistened... (Sun, 17 Oct 2004 23:20:00 +0200 @930)
...while the fading voice of coquet.joel whispered through the darkness:
cj> I downloaded all the codec i finded to read a MKV file with zoomplayer
cj> and WMP 8.
cj> I can heard but I can't see the file.
Media file is an evelope, container (AVI or OGM, or Quicktime, or WMV or
Matroska) that keeps within an
1) video track (MPeg4 as divx, xvid, MS Mpeg; Theora, windows Video, a lot
2) 1 or more audio tracks (Mp3, Ogg, VQF, ADPCM, AC3, a lot more)
3) 1 or more subtitles track
4) tags, like those within JPEG or MP3
5) information for seeking (f.f. & rew) and synchronizing audio to video.
Since You can here sound we can guess that
1) Matroska envelope was opened fine.
2) audio track(s) were taken out, mathced to codec and played
3) video track was taken out, but was not matched to codec and could not be
That clearly states what You need to do:
1) determine video codec used with Your clip
2) find it, download it and install it.
To help You with 1, i can suggets You to find
1) Light Alloy player - it has some kind of codecs table and might give You
2) use special tool, like gSpot or AVIcodec
There is trouble, gSpot supports AVI and OGM, but not MKV
LightAlloy and AVI codec maybe has poor support for MKV, worse than for
other kinds of envelopes
So, ...3) You can find MatroskaProp applet (Windows shell extension),
install it and look for needed codec in MKV file's properties.
But then, having name, You would need to find it Yourself, via Google or
www.free-codecs.org or whatever.
ICQ - xmpp://firstname.lastname@example.org xmpp://email@example.com
http://Arioch.nm.ru/FL/Fidolook_SL.png Mail: the_Arioch<at>nm<dot>ru
More information about the Matroska-general