[Matroska-general] [Fwd: Re: Matroska support]

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sun Oct 3 10:45:06 CEST 2004

"libextractor is a library used to extract meta-data from files of
arbitrary type. It is designed to use helper-libraries to perform the
actual extraction, and to be trivially extendable by linking against
external extractors for additional file types.

The goal is to provide developers of file-sharing networks or
WWW-indexing bots with a universal library to obtain simple keywords to
match against queries. libextractor contains a shell-command "extract"
that, similar to the well-known "file" command, can extract meta-data
from a file an print the results to stdout. "

Apparently they want to achieve it without writing the code themselves.
Maybe we should do that too !