[Matroska-general] Matroska v1

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sun May 30 12:15:45 CEST 2004

Hi,

> - finish resolving issues that may exist on some tags

Pamel should probably comment on that as he has done so much work for
it.

> - native MPEG4 support (with or without Block 2, it can be discussed),
> IMO we can't go v1 if we don't have native MPEG4 which is probably 80%
> of existing Matroska files.

Yes, but I'm not really any closer to having a working solution than I
have been four months ago. I'll see if I can work on it during the next
two weeks.

About the Block 2: I don't think we should rush this. Leave the current
block scheme in place in 1.0 and maybe create a new block for after 1.0.

> - native TTA support

and

> - native WavPack support

I don't think that these two are required for 1.0. They're 'would be
nice to have' features, but nothing more. We already have support for
one lossless codec (FLAC), so these two should not stand in the way of
1.0 being released.

> The menu system is too complicated and should go for the next
> release.

I agree. We won't get that working anytime soon.

Mosu