[Matroska-general] Matroska v1

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sun May 30 11:22:43 CEST 2004

Hi,

The fix release of Matroska have been pending for a while but is not
achieved yet. IMO, before we move on to bigger things and other things
we should get Matroska 1 done.

Here is a list of what I can see before we go v1, correct me if
something is wrong or missing :

- finish resolving issues that may exist on some tags

- native MPEG4 support (with or without Block 2, it can be discussed),
IMO we can't go v1 if we don't have native MPEG4 which is probably 80%
of existing Matroska files.

- native TTA support (lossless audio codec), they are hosted on
CoreCodec and the format is well described (and very efficient)

- native WavPack support (lossless audio codec), another CoreCodec
hosted project that is also efficient and also have an hybrid mode
(lossy and lossless possible), the format may be less well defined but
are in contact with the main developper David Bryant

The menu system is too complicated and should go for the next release.
No need to wait any longer for that. And the other issues might take
considerably less time (everything could be done in a few weeks from now).

What do you all think about that ?