[Matroska-general] CoreCodec.org Down... Hardware Donations Needed

Ploum ploum at mitose.net
Sun May 23 21:32:20 CEST 2004

> Could you first estimate the price of this ?
>
> As I was discussing about that with Cytoplas last week, it may be
> cheaper to rent a dedicated server. As I said you can have one for about
> 100USD a month with unlimited fast bandwidth in France. The only pb in
> this case is the hardware upgrade. But if you want to move in 1 year,
> you can go anywhere and have better hardware for the same price.

I rent a dedicated server on ovh.net for 70€ a month.
I've installed Debian instead of RedHat on the server and I have total
control on it.

This offer seems very good also :

http://www.oxyd.fr/packlinux.php

Have also a look at :

http://www.ikoula.com/ikexpress/

I know that it's in french, but I can help to explain it.

Anyway, if you need a temporary solution, I can host the website on my
personnal server.

What are the needs ?

The server is agora.eu.org, a Celeron 2GHz with 256Mo Ram, 5Mo BW under
Debian Woody.

I run : Apache, Postfix, Cyrus, Mailman, Php, MySQL.
I can also install CVS is someone is ready to give me a hand (I don't
know how to do that nor if it is easy).

Since I begin exams next week, I can only help early this week.

This can be a temporary solution, let me know if it's intersting. I
think that website on this server will not be used a lot during
July/Augustus.

If needed, contact me on my new email ploum on frimouvy.org