[Matroska-general] CoreCodec.org Down... Hardware Donations Needed

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sun May 23 20:42:21 CEST 2004

BetaBoy a écrit :
> So we are looking to the CoreCodec Community to help with hardware
> donations to get a new 'BEEFY' server to replace it. Here is what we
> need:
>
> - Motherboard  (matching)
> - CPU (matching)
> - RAM (matching)
> - Hardrives (IDE, SCSI USB, Min. 40GB)
> - 1U, 2U, 4U Mountable Rack Case
> - Internal Tape Drive (Min 40GB)
> - SCSI/RAID Controllers
>
> Or maybe you have a complete server? Our ISP prefers 1U to 4U rack
> mount... but we can give them a standard box.

Could you first estimate the price of this ?

As I was discussing about that with Cytoplas last week, it may be
cheaper to rent a dedicated server. As I said you can have one for about
100USD a month with unlimited fast bandwidth in France. The only pb in
this case is the hardware upgrade. But if you want to move in 1 year,
you can go anywhere and have better hardware for the same price.

I think it's much cheaper and flexible this way than geting your own
hardware for which you have to buy plane tickets ;)