[Matroska-general] Doing business

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sun May 23 11:12:56 CEST 2004

Hi,

(sorry, only an answer to a technical issue atm, I'm still at my
parent's)

> Also if we put the sources of the whole project in
> CVS I'm not sure you can only allow certain parts to be hidden to
> anonymous users. Anyone knows ? Can Subversion do that too ? Or that
> would mean to have a part in a public CVS and another in a private CVS
> (no anonymous access).

CVS is 'all or nothing', both for read-only (aka anonymous) and write
access. In Subversion you can implement permissions on a per-file basis,
so it's much, MUCH better suited for this task. I'd even go so far as to
say that I won't take part in such a big project if it is hosted on CVS.

Mosu