[Matroska-general] Free software opening

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Mon May 10 10:11:15 CEST 2004

Steve Lhomme wrote:

> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=6989
>
> I'm glad someone like Miguel thinks that porting softwares to Windows is
> important too to make OSS better. Even Apple is porting more and more
> softwares to Windows to attract people to their technologies.
>
> /me eyes at GStreamer on Windows :)

I missed that part !!!

"Near the end of our meeting, we asked Miguel to consider developing a
home video editor, as part of Novell's new desktop initiative. Miguel
acknowledged the need for such a tool on Linux that is well-designed and
usable by normal users, but he mentioned that "in the F/OSS world things
are created only if the developer needs them""