[Matroska-general] Where do we go from here ?

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Wed May 5 11:24:04 CEST 2004

Liisachan wrote:

> some random requests as a Windows User:
> - USF subs in Matroska
> - Updated MatroskaMuxer to so we can set info like the language for
> the track
> (NOTE: OGMmuxer can do that in GraphEdit)
> - Ogg Theora in Matroska
> - APE in Matroska
> - MusePack in Matroska
> :)
> * Greets *
> Liisachan

I second all of this requests from Liisachan, maybe with the exception
of APE. Honestly, since FLAC has such nice support in matroska already (
thanks to Jory ), and when looking at the very small differences between
all the lossless codecs, i wonder if we need anything else but FLAC ?
APE is even closed source, only the SDK to use it is open, should we
really support that ?

If there is something in the audio compression world i am really
interested in, besides MPC of course, its David Bryant's Wavpack 4,
because of its high-bitrate lossy mode, but of course that only me.

About USF support in matroska :

Well, i honestly hope unmei will have the necessary time and motivation
to look at that one day, because Toff doesnt seem to be really
interested in his baby anymore :( ..... neither does he finish the
specs, nor does he care about matroska muxing .... of course, you know i
am a mean guy now, because we all know Toff is working like crazy on
TCMP5 ;-) ....