[Matroska-general] mkvtoolnix 0.8.6 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Mar 13 13:56:15 CET 2004
here's another release. I've implemented a couple of usability
enhancements for mmg, but more important, there are a lot of bugs that
I've fixed. Please see the ChangeLog for details.
Here's the ChangeLog since 0.8.5:
2004-03-13 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v0.8.6.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: OGMs created by Cyrius OGMuxer are missing
comment packets for some streams which mkvmerge choked on.
2004-03-10 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge/mmg: bug fix: The LANGUAGE and TITLE comments from OGM
files were not set in the GUI when adding such files.
2004-03-09 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: If the FourCC was set for one track it had been
used for each track you selected as well.
* mkvmerge: new feature: Tags are being kept when reading Matroska
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Large values for --sync (over 2100) would
cause an integer overflow resulting in no sync being done at all.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The VobSub handling was broken if the .idx
file contains an entry for a track ("id: en") but no "timestamp:"
entries for such a track.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The segment UID was not generated if
splitting was off.
* mmg: new feature: Automatically set the output file name when
the first file is added to the same name but with a '.mkv'
extension if it hasn't been set yet. Can be disabled on the
* mkvmerge: bug fix: More of the non-ASCII character fixes (in
--tags and --chapters this time).
* mkvmerge/mmg: new feature: Made the process priority selectable
on the 'settings' page and default to 'normal' again (was 'lower'
2004-03-07 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: new feature: mmg will ask for confirmation before
overwriting an existing output file.
2004-02-29 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: No memory was allocated for the
--attachment-description resulting in weird descriptions or
mkvmerge aborting with 'invalid UTF-8 characters'.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: More of the non-ASCII characters fixes.
2004-02-28 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: File names with non-ASCII characters like
Umlaute are handled correctly.
2004-02-27 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Some RealMedia files contain several tracks
for multirate stuff which are now ignored. Only tracks with known
MIME types (audio/x-pn-realaudio and video/x-pn-realvideo) are
2004-02-23 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: Added a list of 'popular' languages on top of all language
drop down boxes.
Have fun :)
If Darl McBride was in charge, he'd probably make marriage
unconstitutional too, since clearly it de-emphasizes the commercial
nature of normal human interaction, and probably is a major impediment
to the commercial growth of prostitution. - Linus Torvalds
More information about the Matroska-general