[Matroska-general] Alpha release of DVDtoMKV

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Mon Mar 1 11:59:19 CET 2004

Moritz Bunkus wrote:

>>i need some time to prepare proper
>>hosting for it, using several mirrors. My old T-Online webspaces come in
>>handy, i have 3 x 10 MB there, so this is nice for the lite installer (
>>8 MB, without the matroska playback pack ), but still i need some strong
>>mirrors for the full installer. Project is on
>>http://corecodec.org/projects/dvdtomkv , including sourcecode.
>>

>I can host them. Either just the binaries, or some website as well. I
>can also set up a FTP account for you or DVD to upload. Don't worry
>about the traffic, if it becomes too much we'll look for alternatives.
>Mosu

I am just summarizing what we just discussed on IRC :

We will rename the 'lite' installer to simply 'DVDtoMKV' , and the
'full' installer to 'DVDtoMKV + MKV playback pack', hoping that most
people have the playback pack already, and will go for the first one.
After all, there is maybe not a very big sense to include the playback
at all, maybe a hint to the link for the packs in the DVDtoMKV docs is a
better solution ? I will discuss this with DVD, the author, and come
back to you about this. maybe we can realize this for a future version
of the encoding tool.