[Matroska-general] Re: [Matroska-devel] Re: Perspective

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Thu Jun 24 21:58:22 CEST 2004

Steve Lhomme wrote:

> Martin Bottanek a écrit :
>
>> I honestly believe you guys should get some experienced manager on
>> board who
>> would "show you & lead the way"
>

> That's supposed to be Christian ;)
>
> But we would need one that work for free. And that knows about free
> software... Maybe we are too ambitious and too few to achieve our
> goals. We know what we want. It's just not easy to get there. And none
> of us want to receive orders from any other team member. That's the
> idea behind the /pull/ thing.

Guys,

in the last couple of months i was trying again and again to motivate
the team members to bring matroska forward. The only real progress was
with mkvtoolnix, again. Then i tried to concentrate on MPC, i organized
the PC for Frank, hoping he might get motivated again to work on it. It
seems it was not really effective what i did, there wasnt a lot of
progress lately.

Maybe the right time for me to lean back and bit, and to see if i am
maybe pushing too hard, and the other team members are more demotivated
than motivated by all my pushing. Steve's email is a kind of proof for
that already, if you want to see it like that ;) .....