[Matroska-general] Perspective

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Tue Jun 22 12:57:09 CEST 2004

Hi everyone,

After a long pause (even though work still continued) I think it's time
to start working hard again on our Matroska baby.

We all have been away mostly for RL issues and it seems that it's not
going to change soon. I personally think I will have more and more spare
time to work on my projects, but you never know how life is going to
be... And I really think there are lots of things to be done. A lot of
things that I need in my everyday (multimedia) life and I assume it
would be the same for many other people. Unfortunately I can't do all
these things on my own in a limited time (and we all like to be the
first in our area, don't we). So we need to get (better) organised to
have things actually done, to keep things moving.

As we are not a company and can't/won't force anyone to work I think
it's better to let everyone work on the things they prefer/need. I
wouldn't like to be told what I should do/enjoy... So my idea is to put
up a list of all the possible things that we should do and then people
(devs or webmasters) can pick things they want to work on and start
working on it. I think it's also good to put an estimation of the time
each task will take and the complexity with a note between 1 and 5 for
each, not actual times: 1 for easy/fast, 5 for complex/long. This way
anyone can know if he/she will have enough time/knowledge to work on
something.

The basis of this list will be there :

http://wiki.corecodec.org/wiki/TODO_list_-_Known_issues_-_Things_to_improve

I'm currently adding possible evolutions/ideas and where they should
apply. Then we can add the time/complexity estimation.

Any idea / suggestion / agreement / disagreement ?