[Matroska-general] Matroska Round 2

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sun Jul 18 16:45:48 CEST 2004

Hi,

As we now have a working/stable/powerful server for Matroska and a good
SVN updating system (avoid many mistakes and make it possible to follow
the evolution of the website) I think we should start spending some more
time on it.

I've just checked google and when looking for matroska, www.matroska.org
comes first. That's good for people looking for informations on the
format. But when looking for MKV, Liisachan's guide is not even first
and many things are not related to Matroska. MKA is even worse, there is
nothing related to matroska...

So when people download MKV or MKA files (legally or not) they probably
have no way of knowing that these are Matroska files. So IMO we should
be working on this to let people know about it and also the benefits it
can give. That means some guides, some use-case and a list of all
available possibilities and future possibilities. Some pages any other
site could like to as a reference information location.

Any volunteer ? (with enough time)