[Matroska-general] Re: gst-ffmpeg release and gstreamer prereleases

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Sat Jul 17 09:49:37 CEST 2004

Hi Christian,

> Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > GStreamer FFmpeg 0.8.1 has just been released.
> > In related news, rpms for FC1 and FC2 of the core prelease have now hit
> > our repository, together with the new FFmpeg release.
> > Let us know if you run into trouble.
> > Thomas
>
> No news about the win32 build :-( ?

The win32 build is in your hands, no ?

>  I know i am going on your nerves,

No, you're not.  I'm excited about the win32 stuff, I just can't do a
whole lot about it :)

> but IMO we should really try to find a solution here. Cant we advertise
> on sourceforge ( job proposal ), seeking for somebody who is
> volunteering to care about this full time ?

I'm not following - you guys are in charge of the win32 part, Steve has
commit access, what more should we do at this point ?

> Believe me, even with a very very limited functionality, and be it only
> MP3 encoding from a WAV file ( LOL :-) ), a prrof of concept would help
> a lot to get people interested.

I agree.  Isn't Steve close to doing exactly this ?

Thomas

I know everybody here wants you
I know everybody here thinks he needs you
And I'll be waiting right here just to show you
how our love will blow it all away