[Matroska-general] Re: Variable Framerate, plugin based video editing tool

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Mon Jan 26 21:28:57 CET 2004

Cyrius wrote:

> And yes you are always too optimistic (I'm still waiting a good
> x-platform media api ;)) :p

Actually, I think you don't necessarily need a media-api that already
exists for it. This API is just a building block. But making an editor
require much more than that. IMO it's the most simple part of the job.
And you can always design your own plugin API if none suits your needs.
As long as it's clean and the project is doing well, you won't have
problems getting help from a few hackers.

Audacity is meant to be the Gimp for audio but it sucks.
I hope this TCVE will be a better the Gimp for video :)