[Matroska-general] mkvtoolnix 0.8.2 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Jan 20 22:40:14 CET 2004
Heya mailing lists and package maintainers,
here's another release of mkvtoolnix, 0.8.2. A few usability
enhancements together with a couple of minor bug fixes make up this
release. Please note that Windows users need to re-download the runtime
package also available on my home page because I've switched to more
The mkvtoolnix homepage:
The Windows binaries and the Windows runtime package:
And finally the ChangeLog since 0.8.1:
2004-01-21 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v0.8.2.
2004-01-19 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The PCM handling was broken resulting in
packets that did not end on sample boundaries.
2004-01-17 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: AVIs with uncompressed sound were leading to
* mkvmerge/mmg: allow the track names to be empty so that you can
remove them when muxing Matroska files. Same for the file title.
* mkvmerge: new feature: The track headers will be rendered
completely including the elements that are set to their default
values. Causes less confusion and allows the setting of e.g. the
track language without having to remux the file completely.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: If remuxing a file that contains frames with
a reference to the same timecode those references were lost
turning such P frames into I frames. This was the case for some
2004-01-15 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: new feature: Automatically pre-set the attachment's MIME
type if the file has a known extension (e.g. 'text/plain' for
* mkvmerge: new feature: Unknown/unsupported track types can be
copied 1:1 from Matroska input files.
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added proper support for
2004-01-14 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Write cues for audio-only files as well
(not more than one cue entry during a two seconds period).
2004-01-12 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The default track flags could not be
overriden on the command line when reading Matroska files.
* Windows binaries after v0.8.1 require a new runtime DLL
archive. Please download it from
2004-01-11 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added the two new chapter flags 'hidden'
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added a new format for the external
2004-01-09 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The VobSub handling was on occasion putting
SPU packets for the wrong MPEG stream into the current stream
resulting in that particular entity not being displayed.
Have fun :)
If Darl McBride was in charge, he'd probably make marriage
unconstitutional too, since clearly it de-emphasizes the commercial
nature of normal human interaction, and probably is a major impediment
to the commercial growth of prostitution. - Linus Torvalds
More information about the Matroska-general