[Matroska-general] Re: TCMP, MILK, matroska, mkvmerge, avi-mux ..... what a mess !! Cant we come up with a common Corecodec strategy ?

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Jan 16 09:56:06 CET 2004

Alexander Noé wrote:

> Christian HJ Wiesner wrote:
>

>> Hi folks,
>>
>> when lying awake in my bed tonight, i was thinking again of the way we
>> are working currently, and to be honest, i dont like it a lot. Lets
>> see how many APIs and or platforms we have ( planned or used ) alone
>> inside our small number of projects :...
>

> You know that, if your idea came true, *all* matroska tools would
> instantly break
> the next time Cyrius sends 'libmatroska b0rked' on the ML?

I understand your point. But that doesn't mean a unification, merging
efforts is not needed. And BTW the GStreamer read/write is done in C and
done by Ronald.
IMO that's another problem with GStreamer, they won't accept C++ code.
But if we do WinStreamer we are free from them :D... As for VDM compared
to VirtualDub when they release new code we'll have to merge it with ours.