[Matroska-general] Matroska in RealPlayer

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sat Jan 10 23:41:00 CET 2004

You all know that one of the thing we're missing now is support from an
industry leader. That would help us go on and make Matroska a known and
trusted alternative to AVI.

Now it seems that it could come from the side of Real Networks. Karl
Lillevold from Real said this on Doom9 :

"It would be fantastic if someone wrote a Matroska file-writer plugin
for Producer. I am pretty sure we would then distribute this file-writer
with Milestone builds of Helix Producer 10."

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=425891#post425891

So I think we should try to spend some time there !!!

"If there is a volunteer, I would be more than happy to assist as much
as I can, even though I will have to forward many questions to the
Producer team."