[Matroska-general] Re: New VLC 0.7.0

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Sun Jan 4 16:31:46 CET 2004

"Christian HJ Wiesner" wrote...
> Maybe this lack of interest would change also if we go 1.0, so this is
> actually putting water on Pamel's mills. Still, i want
> - control tracks
> - MPEG1/2 video
> - menues
> before we finally go 1.0  :P ... even if this means waiting 2 - 3 more
> months.

It won't be 2-3 months.  It will be at least 6 months to get a good
implementation of the menus, and that is being generous as it would probably
take much longer.  Writing specs is one thing, getting the menus to exist and to
play back in something is completely different.  There isn't much in the way of
programs that will play back normal DVD menus, and loads of people have been
working on that for years.

Pamel