[Matroska-general] MKV search

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sun Jan 4 12:26:13 CET 2004

Steve Lhomme wrote:

> I was just wondering how easy it would be for a user to know what do
> with an MKV file downloaded from eMule and has no clue of what it is.
> So I searched for MKV on Google and here is what I found :
> http://www.google.com/search?q=MKV&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
>
> No mention of Matroska on the first page. So I guess we need to make a
> webpage that mention this extension a few times to be upper in the
> Google engine.
> Also on the eMule side, I unfortunately don't have enough time, but I
> wanted to add "Matroska support" to the client. Ie have all the same
> features than for AVI an even more (a more intelligent preview
> possibility for example, read tags, codec informations, maybe a link
> to get the Matroska pack, etc). Would anyone volunteer to do that ? It
> should not be very complicated. But it depends wether they accept C++
> code and how messy their code is...

Cyt0plas can certainly help here !!!  .mkv is well defined in all the
well know FileExtension libraries now, and i found that many of the
referred links that are reported by cyt0plas's new hit counter are
coming from this link :

http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=mkv

All we need to do now is to find a way to push this link into the search
engines ....