[Matroska-general] New VLC 0.7.0

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sun Jan 4 12:23:15 CET 2004

Steve,

I did this already, i visit the #videolan channel from time to time and
talk to the guys, but apparently they lost interest in supporting
matroska's last features for the time being, maybe we implemented new
features faster than they could support them ;-) ( they cant support RV9
in MKV, same goes for SSA, and this makes many files incompatible ).
Maybe this lack of interest would change also if we go 1.0, so this is
actually putting water on Pamel's mills. Still, i want
- control tracks
- MPEG1/2 video
- menues
before we finally go 1.0  :P ... even if this means waiting 2 - 3 more
months.

Christian