[Matroska-general] New VLC 0.7.0

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sun Jan 4 11:16:40 CET 2004

Steve Lhomme wrote:

> Apparently it can read subs in Matroska and HE-AAC (from Matroska too
> ?). That's a good news IMO. I wonder if they updated their Matroska/EBML
> libraries for the new builds. Anyone have info on this ?

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-sources.html

# libebml-20030811.tar.bz2 (A form of binary XML)
# libmatroska-20030811.tar.bz2 (A open source container format)

I *highly* suggest that we contact them and change that ASAP ! They
can't even read "new" files with the latest lacing code IIRC. And there
are probably some "medium" bugs unsolved in these versions.