[Matroska-general] MKV search

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sun Jan 4 11:12:36 CET 2004

I was just wondering how easy it would be for a user to know what do
with an MKV file downloaded from eMule and has no clue of what it is. So
I searched for MKV on Google and here is what I found :

http://www.google.com/search?q=MKV&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

No mention of Matroska on the first page. So I guess we need to make a
webpage that mention this extension a few times to be upper in the
Google engine.

Also on the eMule side, I unfortunately don't have enough time, but I
wanted to add "Matroska support" to the client. Ie have all the same
features than for AVI an even more (a more intelligent preview
possibility for example, read tags, codec informations, maybe a link to
get the Matroska pack, etc). Would anyone volunteer to do that ? It
should not be very complicated. But it depends wether they accept C++
code and how messy their code is...