[Matroska-general] Re: VobSub SSA subtitles in matroska

Liisachan Liisachan at faireal.net
Sat Jan 3 07:03:23 CET 2004

Yusaku wrote:

>http://www.anime.cz/s2v
>
>Version 1.0 released
>
>Yusaku

Tested, and the result is fine,
as you said, just slightly worse than SSA.
I'm going to use your tool for a "real" purpose too: I'm multi-subbing now.
and i think this tool is perfect to make Tatar subs (Tatar is a language
that is not easy to
handle on Windoes)...so I'll include 2 tracks for tatar, ssa and idx/sub

actually I had already made a short tutorial soon after you released it
http://www.faireal.net/articles/8/25/#d31229 with this sample
http://space34.at.infoseek.co.jp/ssa2vobsub.zip

I think the reason why this tool is great is properly understood here in
Japan too.
On the other hand, I got more than one feedbacks about font embedding.
Font embedding should be better for some purposes.......

Well, I'd say your tool is highly maniac :D
General ppl are too lazy to make SSA while SSA is the starting point for
your tool
I like it anyway :)

Liisachan

* <http://127.0.0.1/articles/8/25/#d31229>*