[Matroska-general] Re: SUSPENDED

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Wed Dec 29 20:17:40 CET 2004

Paul Bryson a écrit :
> "Steve Lhomme" wrote...
>
>>Your codec comparison is just a lazy one, made for n00bs who don't want to
>>try hard to make a nice rip. That includes you.
>

> There is no reason to make personal attacks like this.  I noticed some flaws

I don't respect authority. Especially this kind of "bossy" behaviour.
And you know I never acted this way in 2 years of Matroska. That's good
for stupid soldiers, which we aren't. Now getting bad for making the
boss look stupid is actually something I'm proud of, knowing that. To
get respect you have to deserve it.

> right away when looking at the shootout, but you can just point those out
> and move on.  Several of the posts are belligerent, and attacking someone on
> their own website for something that they just spent a lot of time doing

Hum... Let me transpose that to what we are doing :

We don't accept bug reports from anyone, comments on the format, the
features, the possible improvements. And especially from people who know
what they are talking about. Instead we make our best not to talk to
these people. We don't accept any feedback unless it's good for our ego.

Do you think that's the way things should be done ? At least we don't do
that.

> that is still a very useful piece of work (flawed as it is) is uncalled for.

That noone can talk about in objective manners. (unless you're
absolutely not assiociated with any exsting project, that is you don't
know what you're talking about)