[Matroska-general] Re: [Matroska-users] mkvtoolnix 1.0.1 is out

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Fri Dec 17 15:19:19 CET 2004

Hey,

> I know MKVToolnix is not originally for Win32,
> but still the Windows verson should stick to the standard
> Windows app designs as long as possible.

I'm not saying I want it to behave this way -- I'm saying that I haven't
been able to fix it yet.

> Maybe you might want to add a "Minimize while muxing" checkbox
> for a few users who prefer 1.0.1 style to 1.0.0's

No, I want it to behave correctly :/

> If this were just an Win app, then you could just disable
> all the editboxes, buttons etc while muxing by calling
> EnableWindow()

Doesn't help (I've tried that) because this also disables its minimize
box... (I can try again, maybe I've done something wrong)

> How so?  In Win32 API, if the dialogbox is created as modeless,
> usually it will remain modeless to the end, even if there is
> only one thread.

The dialog is created, it does all kinds of stuff inside its constructor
and the makes itself modal with "ShowModal()". That's probably not how
such a dialog is supposed to be implemented, though.

> Besides, a minimized window can be always restored by Explorer.
> ???

Nope. I don't know why but right-clicking on the task bar entry didn't
even show the context menu in that case.

Mosu