[Matroska-general] Re: about Matroska Pack Full

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Wed Dec 15 21:31:08 CET 2004

Hi,

please see my answers below :

mosugimo at softbank.co.jp schrieb:

>Dear WebMaster,
>
> My name is Motoo Sugimoto, an editor of a magazine PCJapan (Softbank Publishing). We are now
>preparing for PCJapan February edition, featuring multimedia software.
>
> I have seen your Matroska Pack Full made by you, which we would like to introduce in our magazine
>and contain in the supplemental CD-ROM.
> We would like to have your permission.  Would you kindly respond to the following questions and
>mail me back, possibly by December 17.
>
> Please send back to mosugimo at softbank.co.jp
> Thank you very much.
>
> Motoo Sugimoto
> Softbank Publishing Inc.
>1. Is it possible to introduce your Matroska Pack Full in the magazine?
>(Yes/No)

Yes

>2. Is it possible to contain your Matroska Pack Full in the CD-ROM?
>(Yes/No)

Yes

>3. Is it possible to introduce your Matroska Pack Full in our homepage?
>(Yes/No)

Yes

>4. Is it possible to make a link to your Matroska Pack Full in our homepage and in the HTML menu
>of the CD-ROM?           (Yes/No)

Yes

>1. What is the official name and the latest version of Matroska Pack Full?
>  (we would like to contain the latest version)

matroska full playback pack 1.0.3

>2. Name of the archive file

Matroska_Pack_Full.exe

>3. Name of the copyright holder by January 13,2004

There is no copyright, as the matroska project is belonging into the
public domaine. However, please understand that matroska pack is merely
an NSIS installer for well tested DirectShow playback filters, and
please also note that most of the software released by matroska team is
following the GPL or L-GPL license, and this license dictates that if
you are releasing the binaries you also have to include the sorucecode
of it, or at least give a link to the sources of all the software
provided by matroska pack. These links are

ffdshow : http://sf.net/projects/ffdshow
CoreVorbis : http://corecodec.org/projects/corevorbis
CoreAAC : http://corecodec.org/projects/coreaac
CoreFLAC : http://corecodec.org/projects/coreflac
CoreTTA : http://corecodec.org/projects/tta
matroskaparser, matroskamuxer, vsfilter, realsplitter :
http://sf.net/projects/guliverkli
matrix mixer : http://sourceforge.net/projects/matrix-mixer/
Morgan Stream switcher : http://corecodec.org/projects/mmswitch
matroskaprop : https://svn.matroska.org/viewsvn/trunk/MatroskaUtils/

>4. Is it a free software or a shareware?

The pack contains only free software, most of it released under the GPL
or L-GPL license.

>5. What is the compatible OS?

Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP

>6. Necessary plugins (e.g., Visual Basic plugin), if any.

no

http://packs.matroska.org/1.0.3/Matroska_Pack_Full.exe

chris at matroska.org

>Softbank Publishing Inc.
>PC Japan
>Motoo Sugimoto
>Editor
>Media Service Dept.1
>4-13-13, Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052
>TEL. +81-3-5549-1184  Fax. +81-3-5549-1185
>E-mail: mosugimo at softbank.co.jp
>http://pcj.sbpnet.jp/

You're welcome

ChristianHJW